UH Baseball Set to Host UCSB for Senior Weekend
Coming off a bye week after eight-consecutive road games, the University of Hawai'i baseball team returns to Les Murakami Stadium to host Big West leading UC Santa Barbara May 17-19 for the final home series of the 2019 season.
(Hawaii Athletics) - Coming off a bye week after eight-consecutive road games, the University of Hawai'i baseball team returns to Les Murakami Stadium to host Big West leading UC Santa Barbara May 17-19 for the final home series of the 2019 season. Following Sunday's game, UH will hold a Senior Day ceremony to honor its five seniors - Colin Ashworth, Dominic DeMiero, Kash Koltermann, Ethan Lopez and Maaki Yamazaki - whose college baseball journeys are coming to a close at the end of the year.
Who: Hawai?i (20-24, 8-10 Big West) vs. UC Santa Barbara (40-7, 15-3 Big West)
When: Friday, May 17 – Sunday, May 19
Time: Friday & Saturday – 6:35 p.m.; Sunday – 1:05 p.m.
Where: Les Murakami Stadium – Honolulu, HI
TV: ALL THREE GAMES - Live on Spectrum Sports – Channels 16 (SD) and 1016 (HD). Kanoa Leahey (play-by-play) and Pal Eldredge (color) on the call.
Streaming Video: ALL THREE GAMES - BigWest.TV (Must be a Spectrum cable subscriber to stream in Hawai?i): Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Radio: Live on ESPN Honolulu (92.7 FM, 1420 AM) (Friday & Saturday). Live on CBS Sports Radio AM 1500 (Sunday). Josh Pacheco (play-by-play) and Scott Robbs (color) on the call. Neighbor islands can listen live on KNUI on Maui, KPUA on the Big Island, KTOH on Kaua'i, and KNWJ in Pago Pago, American Samoa.
Live Stats: Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Series Information: UH leads 19-16
Promotions & Ticket Discounts
- University of Hawaii Federal Credit Union is the series sponsor and on Sunday For "Senior Celebration Day" on Sunday, UHFCU will distribute team photos prior to the game, and honor the departing seniors following the game with commemorative paddles.
- All University of Hawai`i Alumni will receive 50% off select adult tickets (maximum of eight) for any game in the May 17-19 series. Contact the University of Hawai`i Alumni Office by Friday, May 17 at 4 p.m. to get access to this deal (808) 376-7812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Baseball 10-pack Voucher Deal: New this year, get a 10-pack of upper level ticket vouchers for $79 (a savings of over 20%). Each voucher can be redeemed for one (1) upper level ticket to a 2019 UH Baseball regular-season home game. Multiple vouchers can be redeemed from the 10-pack for the same game. Voucher can be redeemed at the Stan Sheriff Center ticket office in advance or at the Les Murakami Stadium on event day. Click here to buy now.
- Friday (May 17): Stick around after the game for an autograph session on the field.
- Saturday (May 18): Little League teams or groups that have purchased a group rate package are invited onto the field to stand alongside the UH baseball players for the National Anthem & Hawaii Pono'i prior to the game (Check-in 30 minutes prior to first pitch near the Big West Conference logo on the ground level).
- Sunday Funday (May 19): Ticket Package 1 - $25 for family of four (two adults and two youth); Ticket Package 2 - $40 (four adults). Each ticket package includes four (4) upper level tickets, four (4) hot dogs, and four (4) bottle soda/water (while supplies last). Tickets can be purchased online, calling 944-2697 (option 2), walking up to the Les Murakami Stadium on game day or in advance at the Stan Sheriff Center Box Office.
- Hawai'i returns to Les Murakami Stadium to face Big West leading UC Santa Barbara.
- It will be the first action for the Rainbow Warriors since a 4-1 win at Cal Poly on May 5 to cap an eight-game road trip.
- The last time UH played at home was April 20 when the 'Bows earned a 3-1 win over Cal State Fullerton. Hawai'i is 14-15 at home this season.
- Last season, UH went 1-2 against the Gauchos to close the season in Santa Barbara. UCSB won the first two games before Adam Fogel's three-run home run helped lift the Rainbow Warriors to a 10-6 win in the season finale.
- Hawai'i is 19-16 in the all-time series versus UC Santa Barbara. The last time the Gauchos came to Honolulu was 2017 when the 'Bows won two out of three.
- Following Sunday's game, UH will hold its annual Senior Day presentation to honor Colin Ashworth, Dominic DeMiero, Kash Koltermann, Ethan Lopez and Maaki Yamazaki.
- With 27 career saves, Dylan Thomas is currently tied for second in program history with Lenny Linsky. One more save would put him in a tie with Gene Smith for the most career saves in UH history (28). Among active D-1 pitchers, the redshirt junior is tied for second with 27 saves and is third with a career ERA of 1.88.
- The Gauchos are ranked in the national polls, as high as number six in the May 13th Collegiate Baseball poll.
- After the UCSB series, Hawai'i will close the regular season on the road at Long Beach State. The three-game set is scheduled for Thursday, May 23 - Saturday, May 25 in Long Beach, Calif.