Steps towards healthy living can decrease your risk of Heart Disease
According to the American Heart Association, nearly half of Americans are affected by heart disease.
Risk factors associated with heart disease include poor nutrition, lack of physical activity, increased body weight, smoking, poor cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Here are some steps you can take towards healthy living:
1. Focus on the food you eat and aim to eat five servings of fruits and vegetables daily. Other healthy meal options include smoking, poor cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
2. Perform aerobic exercise at least 150 minutes per week and muscle strengthening at least two days per week.
3. Aim for 6-8 hours of restful sleep every night.
4. Regularly visit your doctor for an annual exam. They will discuss your weight, blood pressure, and may check for cholesterol and diabetes.
5. Quit smoking, it is the leading cause of preventable death.