KITV, an SJL, Lilly Broadcasting-owned station and an ABC affiliate, is looking for a full-time MMJ.
KITV, an SJL, Lilly Broadcasting-owned ABC affiliate in Honolulu, HI is looking for a dynamic and innovative multimedia journalist. Responsibilities will include reporting, shooting, writing, posting to digital platforms, live reporting and editing news stories within assigned deadlines. The KITV MMJ will produce stories that are compelling, factually correct, creative, and written in a clear, conversational manner.
The multimedia journalist must cultivate sources and contacts to produce enterprise stories as well as produce stories assigned by the station.
Additional duties include:
- Gathering and verifying factual information regarding stories.
- Shooting video and still photos to illustrate stories
- Editing, or assisting in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms including KITV.com, Facebook and twitter.
- Live reporting
- Must exercise sound editorial judgment and have knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws
Requirements of this position include:
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment
- Non-linear editing video experience
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- 1-3 years of experience working as a journalist inside a television newsroom (preferred)
- Four-year college degree (journalism preferred)
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Valid Driver's License, good driving record and provide proof of insurability with company required insurance limits.
Send cover letter, resume and samples of work to:
Mike Darrah, News Director, KITV
801 South King Street, Honolulu, HI 96813